Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Who Am I?

The computer was completely down the past few days.  I'm so sorry about that.  Well, life is busy.  Lots of prayers going on.  It just seems like so many of us our in need of sacrifice and prayer.  There are so many HEAVY crosses being carried right now.  And when one is carrying a heavy cross, lighter crosses added to it feel so heavy as well.  Wouldn't it be nice if Heaven could just lift the veil for each of us and give us clarity and understanding so our journey on earth would be so much more peaceful, maybe even easier?  I guess that can't be though.  We have to prove ourselves, our trust, our FAITH.  If we saw with complete clarity, it would be like cheating on an exam.  However, we do get glimpses and aid, but we must not become dependent on such things.  That is not faith.  Faith is believing in what we do not see, what we don't understand with perfect clarity.  At the very least, it takes our life time to get this.

I was reading Scripture and I have been reading the book of Matthew.  However, I opened up to Job and started reading it a little.  I've read it plenty of times before.  Many of us know the story.  Just in brief for those who need a recap.  Job was a man considered righteous in the eyes of God.  Satan challenges God and says, well of course Job is considered righteous.  You have blessed him on earth so much.  He had a wife and many children.  He had land and many animals.  He was a wealthy blessed man.  Why wouldn't he be a good a servant to the God that has blessed him so.  So God allows Satan to have his way with Job.  Everything is taken from him.  Job continues to bless God's name.  He does start to question however, what he must have done to deserve all of the curses.  Finally God's roaring voice answers.  The first thing out of the mouth of God, stirs in my own soul.  He says to Job, "WHO IS THIS THAT OBSCURES DIVINE PLANS WITH WORDS OF IGNORANCE?"  This gives me chills in my spirit. The words used are so powerful and so humbling to me.  Who am I?  Who do I think I am?  To question the Creator's authority with my thoughts of IGNORANCE.  We are all part of His Divine Plan, not just our plan, or a little plan, or even a bigger plan, a DIVINE PLAN.  The question puts me in my place.  I am gratefully, humbled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment