Monday, May 21, 2012

Prayer Request

I'm actually going to make this a short post.  We've had an emotionally draining day.  Our four year old niece, Emma, was just diagnosed with cancer.  I implore your prayers for her and her family.  She is the second youngest of five.  Again, another family whose life has just been turned upside down.  

Last night, I was crying and I sat before the Father.  When I pray, I often go to Jesus and implore the saints and Mary's intercession.  Last night I just wanted to go to the Father.  He has often intimidated me because He is...well....GOD.  The author of all, the Creator, the Beginning and the End, the Mystery.  Anyways, after I was praying, I opened my book on Mary Queen of Angels.  Most quotes are about her, and other Scripture passages.  However, I opened up to one of the few that are the Father speaking in first person.  No coincidence.  Anyways, these words were given to St. Catherine of Siena, who is my Confirmation Saint. 

"In all things humankind still finds rebellion.  I [God the Father] did not do this for want of providence or concern for your well-being but with great providence and concern for you well-being, to take away your trust in the world and make you run straight to Me, your Goal.  Thust the vexation of troubles, if nothing else, will make you raise your heart and will above the world.  But people are so foolishly ignorant of the Truth and so weak when it comes to worldly pleasures that even with all these wearisome thorns they find in them, they seem unwilling to rise above them, unconcerned about returning to their Homeland...That is why in My Providence I allow the world to bring forth so many troubles for them, both to prove their virtue and that I may have reason to reward them for their suffering and the violence they do to themselves..."

Here's just one of my favorites, given to St. Catherine of Siena - "I, [God] gentle first Truth name the situation, the time, and the place, consolations or trials, whatever necessary for salvation and to bring souls to the perfection for which I choose them...Everything I give is for love, and they therefore should accept everything with reverence."

5 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about Emma...she and her family will be in my prayers. Prayers for strength and courage to your whole family

    ReplyDelete
  2. This kind of news is so heartbreaking. I remember the day we found out my nephew had cancer at 8 years old. I cried all day. As always, our loving God has sustained us and him through 3 years of chemo and now one year off chemo with no more cancer. My prayer is the same for your neice.

    This pastor is not Catholic, but his message to his congregation right after his daughter was diagnosed with cancer is so uplifting. I encourage you to listen to it if you have a chance. It's the one called "when my heart is overwhelmed". http://prayfordaisy.com/video

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you sO much for the recommendation. I LOVE listening/reading from others whom I can learn from and be encouraged by their life and hope. I look forward to it and passing it on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh no. that is so sad to hear. i will lift her intentions and your entire family's up in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am praying for Emma and the whole family, Francesca! Thank you for sharing this sad news and calling for prayer.

    ReplyDelete