Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Johnny's Stella Dream

I wanted to share a dream Johnny told me about.  Our conversation: John - "I had a dream about Stella last night."  Me -"You did?  What was it?"  J - "She watching me sleep.  She watched me all night long.  She touched my tummy, where it was hurting."  Me- "That's so special.  She loves you so much Johnny."  J- "She was smiling at me all night long.  She was jumping on yours and daddy's bed. But you didn't see her.  And when it was morning, and it was time for us to wake up, she went back to heaven."  Me- "  All night, she was with you John? Do you remember what she was wearing?"  J- "She had a beautiful dress, uh...kinda like the color of the dress of the girl in Mr.Popper's Penguins.  You know, the big girl."  Me- "Oh, yes, the older sister, had that silver dress on." J - "Yes, that color." 

I shared the dream with my sister-in-law Monica.  She said John has shared that dream with her, but there were some differences.  I figured maybe he had the dream a while ago and told Monica and just now told me.  But Monica said, no.  She went on to tell me how he shared the dream with her and she asked if he had told his mom and dad.  John said no.  He then went on to say, "It's my favorite dream.  I have it a lot."  When John told me about that dream I couldn't help but smile and thank the Lord for those confirmations for him.  I told John how those dreams are real.  He replied, "Yeah, they are.  But not scary or weird dreams like with cars in them."  I smiled and said, "Right.  Those ones aren't real.  But the Stella dreams, they are." 

5 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet story! Francesca, you and Philip are wonderful parents! Because of your example and what you have taught Johnny about his faith, he will have an amazing relationship with his sister in Heaven! What a tremendous gift he will cherish forever! If only we all could see Heaven through the eyes of a child. God bless you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm behind in your blogs, but just got to read this one...it's unreal how connected your kids are. So beautiful. I'm glad he shares these precious moments with you so you can smile too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely that Johnny has these dreams :) They are real! When David was born a few weeks, I totally had a dream that I was with her and Tommy playing at Notre Dame. I just know the Holy Spirit has a hand in such dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. And that dream puts a big smile on my face. How she is taking care of all I hold dear to me - and beyond.

      Delete