Monday, May 28, 2012

Hold On

I can't help but share this amazing story a woman I know experienced.  She has four children, the youngest is ten.  Her husband goes on mission trips around the world.  He was in Turkey on one of the trips.  They only got to speak one time on the phone together during his absence.  He told his wife, he had a dream they adopted twin boys and their names were Jordan and Isaac.  Ok, well, just a dream...However, she had the exact same dream!  That alone is pretty incredible, but God can and does do anything and all things.  So I shouldn't be so intrigued, but I am.  Anyways, she gets a call about some friends who are fostering twins.  My friend, asks if they are boys.  Yes.  Not really expecting anything she asks what their names are.  The friend says the first one's name is Jordan and the second is, Isaan but his name is in the process of being changed to Isaac.  Crazy, huh!!!??!!?  I have tears in my eyes and so does this woman.  God's faithfulness and plans are so beautiful.  I wanted to share the story because it is awesome, but I also wanted to share it because of an key factor in it.  Her husband was in Turkey on the mission trip, 11 years ago!  It has taken 11 years for this to even begin to take place. 

I have to remind myself, my inpatient self, that sometimes the things that I have known God to reveal to me, might not be as quick as I would like, or thought, or expected.  I think of Abraham and Sara from the Old Testament.  God told Abraham that he was going to grant him and Sara a son.  Abraham didn't believe it because they were both so old.  However, not only did God do it but it was many many years after God told him.  That means, they were both REALLY OLD!  It glorified God even more, showing that He is bound by no rules or laws, that He made to begin with.  I encourage myself and all to hold tight and strong with great faith in perseverance in what God is doing in each of us - RESTORATION.

"The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to proclaim the good news to the poor.  He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim a year of the Lord's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion -
to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair.  They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendor." (Is. 61:1-3)

No comments:

Post a Comment