Monday, September 26, 2011

Some Pictures and a Thought to Go with Them

More pictures as promised!! A gift I do not have is taking pictures. I rarely EVER take pictures of my children or anything else. So my options for postings are limited. I wanted to scan some pictures of when I first met Phillip fifteen years ago but the scanner wouldn't let me. Here is Gia and Johnny crashed out on our bed. We all slept together for a little while after Stella died. Gia is pretty young in this picture. I need to take some newer ones of her because she's grown so much.




Here's Johnny right after Gia was born almost a year ago. He was carrying this picture of one the Disney car characters around everywhere. I taped in numerous times. He wouldn't leave it out of his sight. Gosh, John looks so much younger!





Stella and Johnny in jammies. Again, right after Miss Gia was born. We were inside ALOT!





Here's Johnny showing us his long hair before we buzzed it.





Stella holding her newborn sister. One day when I was nursing Gia, Stella was playing "animal" and just stopped out of the blue. She came up to Gia and kissed her and said, "Gia, someday you are going to be a GREAT saint." Then she continued on in her play. I can't wait to pass those words on to Gia. Gia already takes Stella's picture and kisses it and makes endearing coos at it. I say to Gia, "Yes, Stella." And Gia replies, "Wada". I like to think she is saying "Stella". That 's the only time I hear her use that word. Gia and I sit on my bed and I give her a picture of Jesus and a picture of Stella and she goes NUTS over the pictures. It brings me such joy.







Here's my girl at tennis lessons. She was really athletic for a five year old.




Here's Johnny at Stella's fifth birthday. Everyone got animals on their faces but John had to have a....CAR. No surprise.



Stella with two of her cousins. I look forward to watching them all together in heaven someday. I miss their relationship so much. There is Stella in all her animal birthday glory. Her joy amazes me.



So there are some more pictures. I'll try to do better next time. I wanted to share one thought about this last week. I was in the kitchen doing whatever and outside of the window is a fig tree. I looked outside here and there as I was busy cleaning seeing the birds hop around looking for food. Suddenly I couldn't help but stop and take a good look because I saw around twenty sparrows in this tiny spot under the fig tree. I watched as they all busied themselves pecking at the earth. Immediately I thought of the Matthew 10:28-31 "Do not fear those who deprive the body of life but cannot destroy the soul. Rather, fear him who can destroy both body and soul in Gehenna. Are not two sparrows sold for next to nothing? Yet not a single sparrow falls to the ground without your Father's consent. As for you, every hair of your head has been counted; so do not be afraid of anything. You are worth more than an entire flock of sparrows." As I watched these sparrows I thought of not only was the Father providing food for a few of them but He was giving a flock of them an entire feast! I was comforted and reminded of care and concern my Father has for me and my family. Thank you Lord for getting my attention for a brief moment to show me that. Amen.



** This week I am hoping to add another tab on the blog. It will be called "Your Blessings Shared". I would like anyone who would like to share any blessings they've received on it. You can change names and relationships to keep it somewhat private. I hope we can encourage each other with them. I would specifically LOVE sharings if you have had any experience with my Stella's intercession for you or a loved one. Many people have shared stories with me but I would love to have it on the blog to look at it to uplift my own soul and yours as well. Please look for the tab and pray about anything you would like to share. Thank you!















2 comments:

  1. Francesca, thank you for sharing these pictures...they are so sweet! I hope it brought a smile to your face looking through them and remembering these moments with Stella. She has such a beautiful smile and never seems to be without one...I know she is smiling down on her mom, dad and Johnny and Gia. It inspires me every day that you have the courage to share this journey with others. Many blessings to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kellie. They did bring me joy remembering and looking at the pictures. I have sensed her presence deeply since Monday. I am thankful.

    ReplyDelete